Searching Chemical Compounds with Fragmentation Codes in Derwent World Patents Index (R) Subscriber Files
An improved version of Fragmentation Code searching recently launched in the Derwent World Patents Index (DWPI) subscriber files WPIDS and WPIX. Longtime chemical patent searchers may be familiar with the previous implementation of this feature in STN Express. Fragmentation codes are alphanumeric codes representing individual structure fragments generated from a structure drawn in the STNext Structure Editor.
The new implementation is customized for the STNext platform and provides better recall and precision, via an improved code generation process. Use FragCode searching to gain access to the chemical compounds in 530,000 DWPI records without Derwent Chemistry Resource/Derwent Markush Resource indexing.
To create a FragCode script:
1) Enter either WPIDS or WPIX.
2) Draw your structure in the STNext Structure Editor.
3) Click the Save As button, and close the Structure Editor.
4) From the MyFiles dropdown, the structure you just drew will be the first one in the list. Click on the ellipsis (…)
and then click on Generate FragCode Script.
5) From the Generate FragCode script modal, rename the script if you like, then click on Generate Script.
6) The script runs in STNext. Choose which records to display, continue searching within the file, etc., per your needs.